Christmas is coming and Emilia is preparing to welcome it in the best way possible!
Since the feast of December the 8th, the region offers a series of events and initiatives that will make even more beautiful this particular time of the year. In Reggio Emilia the streets of the old town will be festively illuminated and the Cloisters of St. Peter will be decorated with special screenings. Also the shop windows will present the special arrangements made by local designers. In Prampolini Square during the 8th, 13th, 19th and 20th of December from 9 am to 8 pm (the day of the Immaculate from 4.30 pm to 8 pm), the local farms will meet guests offering products of handicrafts and agriculture such as reggiano cheese.
In Emilia San Pietro Street from the 17th to the 24th of December from 9 am to 7 pm you will find the Christmas markets with Christmas-themed gift ideas. An event not to be missed is for December the 13th to 21st at the Temple of St. Peter the Apostle and Bishop Prospero in Emilia San Pietro Street: a Gospel concert for the Jubilee of Mercy. The event will also lit the Christmas tree and a live nativity scene will be represented. From Dec. 19th to the 24th,you will be able to have a ride on the train Santa Claus. The appointment is in the “7th of July Martyrs” Square. The service is completely free and is organized in collaboration with the Association of the Children Onlus Casina.
December the 19th will take place the Christmas Handmade Market during which you can taste roasted chestnuts, mulled wine and cotton candy. For sale there will be handmade items of creativity and passion of craftsmanship. Visit the market from 9 am to 7 pm at the Cloister of the Ghiara in Street Guasco N°6.
In many municipalities of the province are expected Christmas markets. In particular we point out:
- In Baiso the 6th of December, there will be an entire day of celebration and events with extraordinary Christmas market. It is expected the presence of pipers and a small train that will pass by the home of Santa Claus to the Museum of Vasco Montecchi. And then Christmas songs, games and tastings.
- In Scandiano the 13th of December from 3 pm to 5 pm the local band will travel through the city center offering Christmas music.
- Also on 13th of December to Campagnola Emilia’s “The Gold Ciciolo”, the challenge between the best butchers in the production of typical pork scratchings and supercicciolo guinness.
- We move to Carpineti where the 20th of December is expected “Anno Domini 1223″. It is an historical re-enactment of the first nativity scene. Meeting from 4.30 pm to 6 pm.
Even in Modena the calendar of events is especially rich. Here are the main events:
- The lights, already on November the 28th, will illuminate the city center until the Epiphany.
- Up to the 9th of January in Piazza XX Settembre you can find the ice rink in the Christmas Village. A track set up in a small wood village decorated in an original and charming atmosphere. During weekends the Village will host Santa Claus with his helpers waiting all children who want to hand over their letters. Modena city center will feature a special path tied to cribs with four different installations in four locations around the city.
- There will also be the appointment with the Christmas train. A service that will accompany tourists through the historic center of Modena. The terminus will always be on the Piazza Grande. The train will be available every day (from December the 5th until January the 6th, except on Christmas and New Year Day) from 10 am to 12.30 and from 3.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
- On the 13th of December at 5.30pm the Church of St Vincent will host the concert of Serial Singers Gospel Choir and the Giovane Rossini.
- A week later, on December 20 at 5.30pm, at the Church of St. Barnabas, will perform the school choir of the Teatro Comunale in Modena Foundation.
You do not know what to do for Christmas? Stay at our Locanda The Two Oaks and discover all the Christmas markets in the area of Emilia!